Microsoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing Production
Are you still running your manufacturing operations using spreadsheets? Or running completely separate ERP and MRP systems? Or constantly making adjustments because everyone on the shop floor knows the data in the system just isn’t right? If so, you need to give us a call.
|“Previously, we experienced somewhat erratic spikes in production at the line level, where we were shipping 20,000 units one day and 250,000 the next. The solution, and in particular the scheduling component, has allowed us to level that out. And when you start level-loading your factory, good things happen.”
Billl Battershell, CFO, Rochester Gauges
Manufacturing systems have come a long way in the last decade. Microsoft Dynamics AX has been a huge innovator – giving manufacturers the flexibility to shift business processes to capitalize on opportunities, providing rich insight into trends, and working seamlessly with other Microsoft solutions in your office. Microsoft Dynamics AX manufacturing features give you the ability to:
- Optimize production scheduling and sequencing – Use real-time data to track production progress, get accurate delivery dates, and reduce costs using finite or infinite production scheduling
- Manage multiple production strategies – One system can handle configure-to-order (CTO), assemble-to-order (ATO), make-to-stock (MTS), make-to-order (MTO) and engineer-to-order (ETO)
- Support mixed mode manufacturing for when you run a hybrid of discrete, lean and/or process manufacturing
- Reduce bottlenecks by improving resource management. Schedule and track material, shop, and manpower resources. Plan resources based on production activities and capabilities of resources
- Enforce the product change process – Effectively manage product changes through a formal product changes methodology. Use a defined process to initiate, document, approve and release changes to product during the planning and production cycles
- Visualize BOMs – Create a bill of materials for production including phantoms using a graphical BOM designer. Modify and track individual line items. Manage multilevel formulas or recipes, co-products, and byproducts
Microsoft Dynamics AX manufacturing capabilities will enable you to minimize lead times, fulfill customer demand, and manage your resources to get great efficiency from your discrete, process, and lean manufacturing operations. It is one of the few systems that supports mixed mode manufacturing.
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Dynamics AX Supply Chain Management capabilities, download the Microsoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing brochure.
Hear Why CFO’s Choose mcaConnect and Microsoft Dynamics AX.