Anytime you switch out your ERP system, you can expect a certain amount of grumbling. Change doesn’t come easy to most people! But if you are moving off an older system that hasn’t been upgraded in a significant amount of time, you are likely to see employees quickly get excited about the possibilities, especially if you’ve been communicating the changes and providing training on the new ERP system throughout the implementation process.
Here is a detailed list of what you can expect:
- You’ll hear lots of suggestions! While some people may be trying to figure out how to do things the old way with the new ERP system, most people will be filled with ideas on what ELSE they could do to make their job easier. Build a process for evaluating input from employees. Sometimes there really is a better way.
- You’ll see fewer spreadsheets and hold fewer meetings. Less meetings?! What will you do instead? Be productive! When company information isn’t centrally stored and easily accessed, organizations see a proliferation of emails, spreadsheets, access databases, and meetings – lots of meetings. Having a modern ERP system will enable you to reclaim your time, and be more productive.
- You’ll discover new KPI’s. With a modern ERP system that can synthesize data from across the organization, you’ll have one version of the truth, and improve your ability to uncover the root causes of issues. With better insight, you’ll be able to produce even better results.
- You may need to re-distribute your resources. If you choose a modern cloud-based ERP system like Dynamics 365, you won’t need those same resources to manage the hardware, software and servers. Instead, those IT administrators may be re-deployed to other projects or to handle software configuration and security.
- You’ll want everything to integrate. Once you see how much sense it makes to have procurement, engineering, scheduling, production, shipping, sales, etc. all in one integrated system, you’ll start looking for ways to bring in the pieces that weren’t identified in the initial project scope. You’ll experience how workflow, automation and predictive analytics makes your system more “human-proof”, reducing errors, improving collaboration and accelerating innovation.
Success with your new ERP system won’t come overnight. Implementations take a concerted effort over a significant period of time, but perseverance pays off.
Decide which Modern ERP System is Best For You
Download this Free ERP Evaluation Guide to help you decide which ERP solution is best for your business.Download ERP Evaluation Guide