Field service without an onsite technician? Yes! It’s possible.
Imagine how much time and money you could save and how much value you could add for customers, if you were able to resolve most equipment issues without sending a technician on-site!
What is Connected Field Service?
Connected field service is the combination of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service and Azure IoT which can help you detect, troubleshoot, and resolve issues remotely so a technician is dispatched only when necessary.
How does Connected Field Service work?
Connected Field Service has two parts to it: Detection and Action. When an issue is detected through an Azure IoT sensor, Field Service could create a work order immediately. However, the true value of Connected Field Service is gained when you configure Field Service to do in-depth, multi-step troubleshooting, applying the most likely fixes automatically. Only those issues that stump the troubleshooting process will trigger the generation of a work order, prompting a technician’s involvement.
That means your Field Service solution can find, diagnose and fix issues before any human being even realizes there’s a problem!
What are the benefits?
1. Customer satisfaction. By fixing issues before your customer even knows about them, you improve the customer experience.
2. Equipment reliability. Catching issues early-on helps you avoid larger problems down the road that can damage equipment and cause unplanned downtime.
3. Convenient scheduling. By remotely assessing and triaging equipment issues, maintenance can be scheduled for a time that works for all involved and technicians make the best use of their time.
4. Operational efficiency. Work orders are only created after all the automated features have been tried. The Field Service system automates time-consuming tasks like optimizing the job schedule, creating and completing work orders, and invoicing the customer.
5. Happier field service workers. Field service technicians – especially sub-contractors – usually get paid by the amount of work they do. They will typically choose to work for the company that gives them the most work, with the least amount of driving around. In addition, Field Service software makes them look good. They show up on site with the right tools in the truck, and the information they need about the job, the equipment and customer to complete the job on the first visit. Less frustration plus more money equals happier workers.
Is Connected Field Service right for you?
Connected Field Service is ideal for manufacturers who are eager to embrace digital transformation as a means to turn services into a revenue generator. It gives you an opportunity to offer better service-level agreements (SLAs) at a lower cost and with less risk than you do today.
Field Service Drives Business in 6 Major Ways
Turn your field service workers into agents of customer delight by equipping them with the tools they need to get the job done right, the first time.Learn MOre
Author: Travis Pullen, Engagement Manager